Sunday, May 12, 2013

Disney Animated Movie Review: #2 Gnomeo and Juliet 6 out of 10 2010


Gnomeo and Juliet   2011   6 out of 10

It  is Romeo and Juliet starring garden Gnomes with Elton John music.   Based on the premise alone this wasn't very high on my must see animated movie radar, but with kids in the house you eventually see a lot of animated movies you didn't intend to.    Distributed by Disney but out of Rocket Pictures animation so not a true Disney film and that is how it feels.  I just really couldn't get into the war between the garden Gnomes from two different gardens.  The nature of the Gnomes being statues come to life (a theme done so well  with toys in Toy Story)  just didn't really capture my full attention or make me care as much about the characters.  The film wasn't bad   and the kids enjoyed it, but it just didn't have that something special that most Disney or Pixar movies have.  Also I'm not a big Elton John fan to begin with so the soundtrack seemed out of place to me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment