Saturday, November 16, 2013

Top 5 Animated Movie List

I hadn't updated my top Animated movie list since about 2006 so I thought it was a good time to take a look back and rank my top Animated Movies off the 100 plus animated features that I've seen.
All 5 of these films are 10 out of 10 for me.

Here is the countdown.

Number 5  Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo was a venture into a whole new world for Pixar. They created an amazing visual treat underwater.  With Albert Brooks and Ellen Degeneres as the main voice talents this movie was a smash hit at the box office and in my heart as well.  It was a funny, action packed movie with a lot of heart.

Number 4  The Little Mermaid

Staying around water.....The Little Mermaid was the start of a new era of classic Disney animated films.  A nearly perfect story and hit music that grabbed your attention at a time that Animated movies appeared to be dying.  The Little Mermaid hit all the right notes and Sebastian the Crab is one of my favorite Disney characters.

Number 3  Aladdin

When Aladdin came out it immediately became my favorite Disney animated movie of all time.  It was like an animated Raiders of the Lost Ark with its action and like The Little Mermaid had amazing music and a great story.   And then there is the Genie (Robin Williams) absolutely knocked it out of the park with his vocal performance as the Genie.

Number 2    Toy Story 2
Toy Story 2 took the original Toy Story and upped the ante.  The opening scene is action packed.  I could have watched an entire movie with the adventures of Buzz.   Visually stunning and full of fun, laughs and that special ingredient that most Pixar movies have that most none Pixar movies don't.  

Number 1  Toy Story 3


I don't know how they did it?  The Toy Story movies somehow got better and better with each film.  This is basically The Great Escape with your favorite Toys.  Once again a visual treat --but also a great exciting and funny story.  Absolutely loved it.


All 5 of these films are 10 out of 10's for me --so technically the order could be switched around.  All 5 are absolute treasures..      What are your Top 5 Animated movies?

My Facebook movie page is here



Follow my Disney facebook page is below

Nerd Block





40% off everything 728x90

No comments:

Post a Comment