Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Planning a Trip to Disneyworld: Part 3 in a Series: Anticipation!!


My family Disneyworld trip is approaching and I find myself thinking about it often.  (okay all the time)
I have been to the theme parks and hotels in Disneyworld 3 times before, but it has definitely been awhile.    



(Here is me years ago hanging out with a Giant Troll that will probably be replaced by a Snowman in the next year)


My wife and her kids have never been there before….and it is killing me that they are missing out on one of the best parts of the trip.     The thrill and excitement of the anticipation before the trip.
I’ve been planning the trip:  
What days we will go to each park
The main things we should see while there
What to do on the days we aren’t at the park, etc….
I asked my wife “What are you most looking forward to?”
Her answer “I don’t know I’ve never been there before”
I know they are going to love it when we get there.  I’m just sad that they are missing out on the planning stage—which is almost as fun as actually going.  When I was a kid their age I would have been out of my mind excited about this trip.  Currently I’m the only one that is thinking about it as far as I can tell.
I want her son to be thinking about Dinosaur, Test Track, Expedition Everest, and Rocking Rollin Rollercoaster.
I want her daughter to be excited to see the New Fantasyland, to see the animals of Animal Kingdom and have fun in The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends.

(Here are some old Pictures of Kilmanjaro Safaris in the days before Digital Camera)
And I want my wife (who is a photographer) to see Epcot and be able to explore all of the shops and have a glass of wine in the Italy Pavilion,  Have drinks at the Polynesian and much, much more.
I really wish we could take 2 separate trips: 
One trip with the kids and one just the 2 of us.
There is really that much to do there and I know I’m going to want to go back again as soon as this trip is over.  This trip is definitely going to be aimed more for the kids ---but I want to show my wife all the cool resorts and restaurants and spend all day just touring the countries in Epcot.

Does anyone else get almost as excited about their trip while planning it?    Let me know and follow my new Disney Facebook page for future blog posts about everything Disney

https://www.facebook.com/braddisneylandblog?ref=bookmarks

Gymboree Children's Clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment