Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Disney Attraction Review: Expedition Everest








Expedition Everest a ride review:

Everest was at the top of my bucket list for our recent trip to Disneyworld.  It was still being built the last time I was in Orlando-- so I had been waiting over 10 years to go on this ride.  As I had described in an earlier blog we had fastpasses for the ride and it broke down --right when our fastpass time came up which lead us to hit this ride at the end of the day.  (I wasn't leaving Animal Kingdom without tackling this mountain).


When you build something up in your mind for that long you are bound to be disappointed like many people were with the Phantom Menace.   Well this mountain definitely looked menacing from a distance....but would it just be a glorified Matternhorn?
Would I be disappointed???





We made our way past all the warning of a dangerous  Yeti.






 Here is a cool shot of the Mountain as we got closer to our goal.
 The ride actually lived up to the hype.  I absolutely loved it and as I described in my blog about "sometimes a ride breaking down can be a good thing"  --we ended up doing it 3 times in a row at the end of the day with a minimal wait time.   





The design and look of this ride is incredible.  The details in the line that give you clues of what to expect are amazing.  The imagineering trips to Nepal was worth it.  Like the rest of Animal Kingdom the attention to detail is stunning and really takes you on an adventure.

The ride itself is designed so well (despite its barely functioning Yeti).  It starts out kind of slow and then picks up and gets better and better as the ride goes along.   The point when you hit the top of the mountain and see the broken track in front of you is epic.  Then you are sent hurtling backwards and then back forwards again after an encounter with the fabled Yeti.   The thrills on this ride are top notch and it definitely is the E Ticket attraction of the Animal Kingdom.  Well worth the wait and a 10 out of 10 in my book.   

I would say that it is too intense for younger kids.  My stepdaughter that is afraid of coasters in general (despite taking on and loving both Test Track and Seven Dwarves Mine Train) would have found this ride too intense

Here is some cool Merchandise from the ride.





My Disney facebook page is below

 https://www.facebook.com/braddisneylandblog 


40% off everything 728x90

No comments:

Post a Comment