Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Indiana Jones Themed Bar coming to Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) I can't wait to get back to Orlando

So many things to be excited about in the last couple of days!!!!!1

Yesterday I saw online that a UFO themed hotel is possibly being built on the way to Las Vegas in the small town of Baker.  (known for it's giant Thermometer and its 100 degree weather).  I can't wait to stay there if and when it actually opens.  The concept art looks amazing --so it will probably be totally cheesy when it opens---but still a must see.

Today I see this news story on Disney Parks Blog and several others.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/jock-lindseys-hangar-bar-to-open-this-fall-at-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-worldresort/

It looks like Disney owning the rights to Indiana Jones is already starting to pay off.   We were just in Orlando in March and missed the opening of Trader Sam's Grog Grotto by about 2 weeks (so we already have a reason to go back)  and we saw a lot of construction on our trip over at the Downtown Disney area.   Well it turns out one of those additions is going to be an Indiana Jones Bar!!!!


Yes you heard that right and Indiana Jones themed bar!!!   It seems Indy's pal Jock (the one with the snake in the plane at the beginning of Raiders)  has gone into the bar business.


According to all the articles it will seat about 150 people.  Jock's old airplane from the film will be hanging out outside of the bar which is rumored to be like Trader Sam's but with an aviation theme.  The bars interior is said to have old Travel Posters and other memorabilia.   I'm sure it will have some Indy items like Trader Sam's in California does like these:



I'm certainly putting this at the top of my must see list the next time we head to Orlando.   Raiders is my favorite movie so an Indiana Jones themed Trader Sam's type bar is exactly my kind of place. 

These also brings up a couple questions.

If it is successful will we get one in California???

And if Disney is opening an Indiana Jones bar --can more Indy Movies and possibly attractions be far behind?

I'll share my ideas in an upcoming blog.  What do you think?






My Disney facebook page is below

 https://www.facebook.com/braddisneylandblog 



40% off everything 728x90

No comments:

Post a Comment