Monday, June 6, 2011

Pirates of the Caribean: Attack of the Killer Mermaids 2011 (A Review)





We thought it would be fun to catch Pirates of Stranger Tides at Downtown Disney...and then head on over to Trader Sam's the new Tiki Bar at Disneyland Hotel....
I've blogged about the bar already on my Disneyland page.....


Captain Jack is back and just as fun as ever off on another adventure in search of the Fountain of Youth.
And this time he is battling  Blackbeard...(played by Ian Macshane of Deadwood fame)...
Blackbeard was great.....


Barbarossa is also back for the fun and when he and Jack share the screen it is gold.....


The movie was action packed with a well paced --solid plot.....It had fun action scenes minus the overwhelming CGI that some felt bogged down the second and third films in the series.....I've personally loved all 3 films......The first one The Curse of the Black Pearl actually was a big surprise for me and has grown to be my third favorite movie of all-time only trailing  Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars....




On Stranger Tides   2011   solid 9+ out of 10  is probably about third in the series for me.
It has all the ingredients I could hope for in a Pirates sequel.....Great Sword fights...Humor....and Jack Sparrows  rum drunk antics...Good villains and surprises and the supernatural.....And this one has beautiful killer Attack Mermaids..........Yikes I will never look at the Little Mermaid the same again



Gymboree Children's Clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment